You’re being given the privilege of earning and saving money, so how will you use the money and/or what you’ve learned to help others? Paying it forward may involve money, or not. It boils down to random acts of kindness expecting nothing in return. By paying it forward, you can make an important difference in this world. Not only will you brighten another person’s mood, but you will also set a chain reaction in motion. If you pay it forward to two people, who again pay it forward to two others themselves, the entire planet could be transformed. Affecting change doesn’t take much. You don’t have to be rich, powerful or influential. Every ordinary person can help to make this world a better place, by paying it forward. Watch this video explain the concept.
What are some examples of paying it forward?
Here is a random list to get you started. A great project is for the class to brainstorm ways you could make a difference.
- Smile at someone. Or, say a simple “hello” when passing someone on the street. You’ll be surprised how many people just need to see a smile to make their day a positive one.
- Donate your time Whether is is 10 minutes, an hour or a day, everyone could use a little extra help now and then. You could save someone a trip to the store. Or, help a neighbor with yardwork. How about volunteering at a local soup kitchen and help serving meals to the homeless. Every act of kindness, no matter how small makes an impact.
- Give some words of encouragement or an honest compliment. Kind words have amazing healing powers. Even among friends. You could say, “hey, thanks for teaching me how to…”, or “thanks for being my friend”.
- Become someone’s mentor. You can always mentor someone. It’s free and there will be always people younger and less experienced than you who could greatly benefit from your knowledge. Help someone else succeed selling CW4K water.
- Donate a portion of your earnings to help someone in your community less fortunate than you.
- Become a leader in your community (school) in helping to solve our clean drinking water crisis. Share what you’ve learned about water.
- Get Excited and be proud of who you are. Be the change.
Now it’s your turn. Come up with ideas of what you can do to pay it forward and be the change.