CannedWater4Kids is a 501c3 nonprofit based in Sussex, WI. Founded in October, 2007, the organization’s purpose is to ensure all children have access to clean, safe drinking water. CW4K funds its initiatives with cash donations, grants, and through the sale of their premium drinking water in aluminum bottles and cans.
Here is a random list to get you started. A great project is for the class to brainstorm ways you could make a difference.
- Cw4k – 501c3 nonprofit was established in 2007
- We’ve funded and provided 36 sustainable wells and water purification systems
- Have supplied the Red Cross and others with over 3.5 million cans of emergency relief drinking water
- Ninety-five cents of every dollar collected from the sale of their water goes to support clean water projects and education
- Cw4k estimates that the sale of our drinking water in aluminum bottles and cans has kept over 5 million plastic bottles out of our oceans, lakes, and landfills.
Available in 16oz aluminum bottles and 12oz cans, CW4K premium drinking water is perfect for home, boardroom, office meetings, school, hospitality, or vending.
Projects include assisting the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee’s Engineers Without Borders in bringing sustainable water purification solutions to the Highlands of Guatemala, and support for well/water tank and Bio Sand Filter projects in Zambia, Kenya, and Tanzania, Africa. Recent disaster and hurricane –relief efforts include the sending of truckloads of canned drinking water to Michigan, Texas, Florida, and Puerto